Friday 11 April 2014

Damien Hirst

Jonathan Jones called Damien Hirst  a "crashing bore" in his Guardian blog, following the news that Hirst is going to reveal all, including his criminal past, in an auto-biography by a ghost-writer.

I must admit I had a good chuckle and enjoyed looking at some reader comments,  mostly slagging off Hirst.  But then I started looking at some older articles about Hirst and feeling a bit uneasy.

 I'd called him  a total tosser in a previous post and afterwards had to admit that I hadn't really done my homework, and here I was enjoying  Hirst being given a kicking.

So, watch this space....

Guardian review of Damien Hirst retrospective in 2012

Another, more sympathetic, Guardian article about Hirst's planned autobiography

Hirst's previous book sounds fun (if expensive)

I've just bought Julian Spalding's book: "Con Art: Why you should sell your Damien Hirsts while you can" (90 pence).

I've now written a separate post on this book, which includes more stuff about Hirst.

I'll reserve judgement on Hirst until I've finished reading "What are you looking at:  150 Years of Modern Art" by Will Gompertz.


No comments:

Post a Comment