Sunday 10 November 2013

My Art Manifesto


  1. I will prioritise making art over studying it.
  2. I will make art primarily for myself because I get a bigger buzz out of the creative process than I get from showing the results to other people.
  3. I will make a point of taking on ambitious projects because I get an even bigger buzz if I push boundaries in the creative process.
  4. I won't display artist's statements.  I will let my work speak for itself.  I won't try and influence the way in which it is interpreted.
  5. I will seek out opportunities to have my work shown in public.
  6. I will make a strong distinction between making my own art and analysing other people's.
  7. I won't write pretentious twaddle about anything, even art.
  8. I will question the purpose of philosophical navel-gazing about art.
  9. I will support any plan to distribute the contents of art galleries and museums among public buildings so it can be studied in more conducive surroundings.
  10. I will support any plan to put Banksy in charge of Tate Modern.

No comments:

Post a Comment